We hope you are all keeping safe and well during this time.
We are open from Monday, 18th May 2020, in line with the Government easing the COVID-19 restrictions on 18 May (Phase 1) – allowing outdoor workers to return to work.
Here at Q Windows and Doors, we have been working hard to ensure that your home improvement goes as safely and smoothly as possible. Our Health and Safety Team within our group operations have completed risk assessments and training programs for all our staff, to ensure we operate best practices within our company during this pandemic.
The following measures are now in place to minimise the risk to you and our staff. Working together we believe we can do our bit to keep us all safe. Download Q Windows and Doors Safe Working Practices PDF here.
Sales & Quoting
Remote meeting facility available for all demonstrations/queries.
When completing a home visit our staff:
- Will maintain safe working distance practices;
- Temperature will be checked before visit;
- Hands will be sanitized;
- Head visor will be worn.
Home visit for manufacturing sizes, our Surveyors will:
- Wear FFP2 masks and new gloves before every visit;
- Wear additional head visor (cleaned for each visit);
- Minimise the passing of paperwork, where possible.
Your New Products
Factory floor and showrooms have 2-meter markings created to ensure staff and customers can adhere to safe distancing practices.
- All production and front of line staff will wear head visors when working with products;
- We have split shifts to maintain safe working distances in areas with limited space to ensure 2-meter guidelines;
- Mobile hand wash stations have been placed throughout the factory floor and despatch areas, so that staff can clean their hands at regular intervals throughout the day;
- Will wear protective gloves, where possible;
- All new windows and doors will be cleaned down with an anti-bacterial cleaning agent before despatch.
- Complete temperature test every morning before work to ensure below 37 degrees before arriving at your home;
- Wear FFP2 face mask when working inside your home;
- Bring a mobile hand wash station for cleaning hands at regular intervals;
- Wear protective gloves, where possible;
- Clean down all new windows and doors with an anti-bacterial cleaning agent when finished each area.
- Maximum of 2 persons in a room at the same time as workers;
- Check your temperature 30 minutes prior to visit;
- Will sanitize handles and touchable surfaces and keep doors open where possible;
- Will try to stay in a different room to workers, where possible;
- Will maintain a 2-meter physical distancing from workers;
- When communicating with workers, try to communicate outside, while maintaining 2-meter physical distance.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.